Without a doubt, reviews about your services are important to your long-term success as a wedding pro. Because, in an age where newly engaged couples are inundated with options about who to hire for their wedding, your reviews can help you stand out from the crowd. From first-hand accounts about what it is like to work with you to stories about how you saved the day, client reviews help the people perusing your Storefronts understand more about who you are as a person as well as a service provider. But just because they are important doesn’t mean everything is straightforward or that you don’t have questions. So today, we wanted to round up the details about what you need to know about reviews on The Knot and WeddingWire. We know you’re wondering—read on for the answers.
When should you ask for reviews?
If there is one question that almost every wedding pro will ask, it is, “When should I ask my wedding clients for reviews?” And, we understand why this is a bit of a complicated answer—your couple did just get married after all. So, when it comes down to getting the timing right, the sweet spot is about 2 weeks after their wedding because it’s far enough out to give them some space to keep celebrating but not so far out that they have forgotten about their experience working with you.
Pro-tip: Ever wondered exactly what you should say when asking for reviews? Get our ultimate reviews template toolkit (that includes copy and paste examples!) to help you ask (and get) brand-building reviews that help you sell.
Should you ask your couples to leave reviews on both The Knot and WeddingWire?
Yes, and here’s why—it is important to be building your brand on both The Knot and WeddingWire regardless of which Storefront your newly married couple contacted you through. That’s because millions of newly engaged couples head straight to The Knot and WeddingWire to start their wedding planning research every year, and you want your profile to be current (and compelling) on both. The key is to make sure your couples leave you a unique review on each of your Storefronts; copying and pasting reviews can have a negative impact on your SEO (meaning it’ll be harder to get found by couples). So, if your couples are writing reviews on The Knot and WeddingWire, ask them to share something different on each one.
Pro-tip: Working for a 5-star review starts the moment you start interacting with a couple (even before they have booked you). Get our tips to help you get a great review before the wedding day even arrives.
How to ask couples for reviews on the WeddingPro app
Anytime is a good time to request a review from your couples, and you can do that (and more) right from your phone with the WeddingPro app! From making the initial request and replying to the ones you receive to choosing the reviews you want to highlight by pinning them to the top of your reviews section, you can take care of these important marketing tasks without waiting to get back to your computer.
Here’s how to request reviews for your account on The Knot through the WeddingPro app:
- Open your WeddingPro app
- Use the brand toggle to select your account on The Knot
- Tap ‘Reviews’ from the bottom toolbar
- Tap the red ‘Get More Reviews’ button at the top of the screen
- Send couples a personalized review request URL at the top of the screen or fill out the form with their information and email them directly from your account
Here’s how to request reviews for your account on WeddingWire through the WeddingPro app:
- Open the WeddingPro app
- Use the brand toggle to select your account on WeddingWire
- Tap ‘Reviews’ from the bottom toolbar
- Tap the blue ‘Request reviews’ button at the top of the screen
- Fill out the form and email couples directly from your account
- To save your message as a template, make sure the ‘Save as template’ box is checked before sending
- You can also access your personalized review request URL to send directly to couples by scrolling to the bottom of the page
Can you share your reviews on your website?
The answer is another enthusiastic yes! It is just important to not copy and paste them from your Storefronts (for the same SEO reasons as above) and that’s why we’ve made it easy to add a review widget to your website. To add your WeddingWire reviews to your website, simply:
- Log into your account and click on the “Reviews” tab
- Click on “Reviews Widget” in the left sidebar menu
- Choose the widget color you want
- Copy and paste the HTML code into your website. It will display your three most recent reviews
To add your reviews on The Knot to your website:
- Log into your account and click on the “For Your Website” tab
- Copy and paste the HTML code for the “Couples Love Us!” badge into your website. The badge makes it easy for your potential couples to click over to your Storefront and read your reviews
Pro-tip: Your website is just one of the places you can put your reviews to work. Learn more about the other ways you can market your wedding business with reviews.
How can you be eligible for Best of Weddings and Couples’ Choice Awards®?
If you have ever wanted to win Best of Weddings on The Knot or a Couples’ Choice Award® on WeddingWire, you are in the right place because your reviews are essential to your entry.
- You will need to have 5 new reviews on your The Knot Storefront to be eligible for Best of Weddings
- You will need to have 5 new reviews on your WeddingWire Storefront to be eligible for Couples’ Choice Awards®
We’re always here to help when it comes to building your business, marketing your brand, and making sure you are getting the most out of your Storefronts. If you have more questions about rounding up reviews, click through to this piece that answers more questions about reviews you might be asking.
Photo Credit: Kate Preftakes Photography